Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Walking Dead

Best series on TV right now.


AMC's Walking Dead is the horror series Zombie fans have been waiting for ...but didn't know it. Frank Darabont is already one of my favorite filmmakers and you can feel not only his guiding hand but a real love for the material. Brilliant series, filled with suspense and smart writing.


Brings me to an irrelevant but interesting point nonetheless - I think the nerds of the world would save us from Zombies ...if anyone would it's them/us...
Most people would go into "full shutdown" if the dead did rise ...crazy stuff, but I'm betting the Zombie lovers'd take 10 seconds to assess and then "fight" - I think us nerds are actually just waiting patiently...



I love this middle ground where shows like Californication, Weeds, Six-Feet-Under ...Walking Dead are free to act like movies - well produced, well written and tight - great TV.

I can't wait for season 2...
...and now after talking to Josh ..the comic book too...

Go get Season One.

1 comment:

Arthur Canning said...

A lot of people seem to think the writing suffered in the later season..
..couple odd moments..
but still a damn good show.

Have to get this comic book.