Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Ghost Train

1941 was a good year for film - Dumbo, Citizen Kane, and a little British thriller called THE GHOST TRAIN.



Next time you have an hour and a half, check it out. It'd make a groovy double-bill with the much more recent Woman in Black, and on that note: I think I like moody British film quite a bit.. 
 ...but I'll have to keep diving in to make sure ..forever.. like Highlander..

Anyway, the film moves along at a perfect pace, and will leave you wondering until the ending, which is kind of clever. The characters are fun and the writing is tight - most of the movie is on one great set - very entertaining.

Arthur Askey is annoyingly excellent - obviously one of those true entertainers of the day - true multi-talented cats - I'd have punched his lights out, but hey..
What a blast - to be honest, I really can't wait to watch it again.

Cheers, A.

No comments: