Sunday, April 1, 2012

John Carter ...OF MARS

As mega-failures go, I kinda liked this one.
I think it was the title change, and the crappy release date did this one in, but I don't suppose an unknown actor in an unknown property helped either.
Taylor Kitsch is a believable hero, and it's a very entertaining film, actually - reminded me of the Disney of old - Grand scale storytelling, with a somewhat old fashioned feel to it - pretty damn fun.


I think Kurt Russell would have played the lead had Disney made this about 40 years ago, but more importantly Lynn Collins should/could play a great Wonder Woman.

Overall, I'd say go see it - far superior to anything I can recall it reminding me of.
It looks great, and I bet the script will surprise you.

A.

3 comments:

Pinecone Stew said...

Have a Wonderful Easter.

Are you on Facebook, Arthur?

Harry

Arthur Canning said...

I am, Harry..
I'd love to connect..
AC

Arthur Canning said...

..and my Easter was excellent, Thanks..
A.